Monday, January 17, 2005

fucking ow.

why people wont tell me anything at work, ill never understand. i guess the ladder is broken. no one said anything. and since no one did anything yesterday, i had to get the ladder and get a printer for a customer we should have had out. the brake skips on said ladder, some customer grabs my arm; brake locks. i turn my head. face rams into steel ladder stairs. and i nearly hit the floor with whiplash. i instinctively put my hands up on my mouth, and can just watch the blood spurting through my lips. the customer stares at me impatiently. i face him. drop my hands. two palm fulls of blood drop on the floor. his eyes get big. then i reach up and pull my lower lip away from my mouth, letting my teeth slide back through the gash just under my lip. and then i got fucking hostile.

after leaving and punching a hole through the printer in the warehouse, i proceed to try and stop the bleeding. i filled the sink in the mens room with blood several times over. i was scooping cool water into my mouth to wash the taste of clotting blood away. i cant feel my gums and teeth, my entire jaw is numb. i throw paper towels in the sink, soak them then pack them between my teeth and my lower lip. i noticed my teeth were all there, none of them chipped, none feel loose. but blood is still pouring out. i reach up and put the tip of my pinkie finger through my lip into my mouth... similar to the cock-knocker piercings kids get. cept i dont want one of those. but here it is, me and the impromptu version.

so eventually they haul my ass off to the emergency room. i get bumped around back and forth there. and eventually they get me taken care of. just in time for me to go back to work and start filling out stacks of paper about what happened. now its 4 hours later... and im starting to get feeling back in my gums and jaw. and it dont feel good. my lip is so swollen i cant close my mouth right, and i had to grimmace drinking a shake for dinner tonight. brushing my teeth will be a chore too. but my lip is back together, inside and out. and fairly well cleaned up. i just wish i had better luck. i just hate my job now. i just want to have a job i like. where customers just as soon die, than shove me into ladders, that malfunction, that no one feels necessary to tell me about. i sigh if it didnt hurt.

No comments: