Monday, August 18, 2008

Shackler's Revenge... Whatever The Hell That Means

Here again, I'd post the video/music that was leaked [so far the only OTHER place I've found this was on Youtube, which I put up yesterday, and was promptly quashed over night Sunday], but it wouldn't do me a lot of good... this song is stuck in my brain. Its the new GnR. Its not Appetite For Destruction. Its nowhere near the Illusions albums... but I dig it. So far, its ... very modern. Its very different than the other big leaks in terms of style. This song doesn't even sound like the 4 new ones they have played live... its edgy. It has this disco beat. It has odd noodling distorted guitars. Its Axl, but obviously through a synthesizer with odd effects on his voice. But its the lyrics that I [alone] love.

"I've got a funny feeling there's something wrong today
I've got a funny feeling and it won't go away

I've got an itchy finger and there'll be hell to pay
I'm gonna pull the trigger and blow them all away

Don't ever try to tell me how much you care for me
Don't ever try to tell me how you were there for me

I don't believe there's a reason (I hope you see this)
I don't believe there's a reason (I don't regret this)

I've got a wicked demon inside that never fades
I've got an empty feeling I won't be home today

I don't believe there's a reason (I hope you see this)
I don't believe there's a reason (I don't regret this)
I don't believe there's a reason (I hope you see this)
I don't believe there's a reason (I don't regret this)"


It hits me pretty hard. For whatever reason, these things agree with me or don't. Axl's words usually do. This one really does. Its a song I'd probably write. That is if I had talent. Its the same message. The same feeling. Almost like; if certain people heard this song, they would know where the lyrics came from; like that some of these phrases are snippets of conversations or emotions strong enough people would know who they are directed at just by hearing it. I hope so. Thats why I'm getting out of it. Dammit he is right. I wish I could say things like this, so truthfully, so succinct, so brashly.

"Don't ever try to tell me how much you care for me, don't ever try to tell me how you were there for me" thats good. I wish I could say that. I wish people would understand that. I wish, if this is how he does this, that I could say things and people would get a clue like I did. How people abuse you, how they steal from you, and how to them it all seems like nothing. How they try to convince you of thoughts or feelings that are empty, for the point of keeping up appearances. God dammit that hits home to me.Like it was innocent. Like it never happened. When it was far from that. I wish I could put those words out there to bounce them off some blank faces.

"I've got an empty feeling I won't be home today" which is especially haunting. Lots of reasons. But I love that line. Great song.

] going back to listening [

-- out ---

S.

No comments: