Sunday, July 18, 2004

Current Musical Selection: Machine Head - The Deafening Silence

the silence is deafening..

since its just me and half of my stuff here. tomorrow not even that will be here. tomorrow is moving day. almost everything i have in iowa city is in a pile in the living room. i plan on getting my keys at 8am tomorrow, and starting moving shit in. cant wait. its going to be pretty expensive for me.... about as tight as my budgeting was at the begining of last school year... but i think it could be worth it.

im loosing several key things. mainly location. right now, im about a 15 minute walk from class. 39 seconds from a bus stop [including time to lock the door], and im 3-10 minutes from work [dependent on traffic]. as of tomorrow... im prolly something like a 4.5 hour walk to class. i dont think any buses even stop out there. [save maybe to the Oakdale Campus, which is a 10-15 minute drive], and maybe a half hour from work with traffic.

i loose the proximity to the grocery store, the interstate, gas stations, bars, bar whores, and general civilization as iowa city knows it.

i gain.

peace. quiet. solitude. my OWN place. a quiet drive home every day. a bigger place. a newer place. a nicer place. a hefty rent check. prolly no neighbors save those in my building.

im still thinking the balance to be in my favor.

yeah im loosing alot... everything except rent and time and distance. but im so tired of iowa city. im tired of the people here. im tired of the neighbors and their fireworks. the girl that fucks so loud upstairs. the drunk herds at 2 to 4 am that wake me up. i wont miss at all certain people inside of city limits that have maid my life pure shit the last couple years. nor will i miss the memories of stuff that went on out here. instead, ill finish my 2 classes, and work here [if i dont transfer to Cedar Rapids first], and play it out. ill let iowa city win. thats it. ill tip my king over, if it means we both answer it as a draw due to my absence. i refuse to fight with this town anymore. im even evaluating a city administration position where im going. could be reaaaaal interesting. then again, ive always been about good expectations, then fighting to get to the goal.

so iowa city, i cant say im happy about this.. but i know im not sad! its a different place than when i came here, almost five years ago. and im sure that im different than when i came here as well. and not for the better because of it.

No comments: